Thursday, October 23, 2008

Still haven't taken the pictures...sorry!

Okay, didn't get around to taking pictures of Ben in his wrestling deal and of the house in it's half -scrubbed state. I finished scrubbing tonight, so you won't get to see the tobacco thing. However, Ben will have lots of chances to wear his wrestling gear. I am a very tired girl. Did I mention that Hyrum had to go out of town Wednesday through Friday this week? Yeah...and my sweet mother-in-law who was planning on watching the kids while we work on the house has been very sick. She is still trying to get me to bring the kids over anyway, but the last time she watched the kids for me was the day before her slight cold turned into her lungs burning horribly and her feeling awful, so I am afraid that if she watches them now she will undo any progress she has made toward getting better. It's been fine so far... tonight I took over one of our tv's, a dvd player and a couple of movies. The boys rotted their brains in front of that till they fell asleep. Hannah, however, would not leave my side and was, thus, up till about 5 till midnight. I hope she sleeps in tomorrow!! I have to admit, I was kind of glad for the company. I am not fond of grungy old houses with no window coverings late at night.

I am hoping that tomorrow morning I can get the rest of the rogue wall paper off, and remove the remaining screws, nails, and window coverings. I am also hoping to wash and mask the windows. I'd really like to be able to prime the whole inside of the house by end of day tomorrow. I know - lofty goal. I will be renting a paint sprayer, so that will speed things up considerably, but I also need to take into account that I want to prime the floors as well as the walls. The primer I am going to use is supposed to seal smoke smell....I hope it works!!!!!! Wish me luck. I will check in again, soon.

3 comments:

Ariana said...

Holy moley girl....You win the "I got the most done this week" award for sure. I cleaned my car and thought I was doing pretty good!! I would love to help you somehow....I have a sewing machine, maybe I could make you some (basic, since I'm not super skilled) curtains or something? My sewing machine does embroidery so I could make them pretty cute. Anyways...Good luck!!

Steph & James said...

Man I am sitting here thinking I don't want to scrub my two bathrooms...after reading your post just makes me tired! Good luck! Can't wait for pictures!

JanB said...

Well, thank goodess for the Sabbath, huh? You really deserve a rest.
But it's definitely rewarding, working on your OWN house, isn't it?