Well everyone, (yes, I think there may actually be more than 2 people who follow my blog now =o)) it looks like we have scored the house! I dropped in to check on things with my lender today, and one of my questions was whether or not I was safe to tell my landlord that we were moving. Her answer was a resounding "yes!" and then, "Oh, sorry...I should have told you that awhile ago." Oh, well. Anyway, I suppose if it is safe to tell my landlord that I am moving, then I am okay to post it on my blog. I don't know when we will actually move...as you have seen there is a lot of work to do first. We are hoping to move by the end of the month so that we don't have to pay rent in November. However, that gives us 2 weeks to rip out carpet, clean EVERYTHING and get rid of smoke smell, strip paint from, sand, stain and finish the wood floors, remove unwanted wallpaper, paint all walls, carpet, and do some minor plumbing and electrical repairs...hmm...
The unfortunate part of moving is that we have to leave our current ward, and current stake for that matter. We have done this many times throughout our marriage, but it hasn't gotten easier. The ward we are in right now is great, and we love our callings. I guess the good news is that we have already met some of our new ward members. It helps living in a small town - we already know of 3 friends of friends or relatives of friends that live in the surrounding neighborhood. I still haven't gotten over the shock of living in Utah...we are moving 4 blocks away...4 blocks... and we will be in a new stake. Pretty funny stuff. Anyway, I will post pics of our "renovations" soon. I think we are going to start tearing out carpet tomorrow...apparently the appraiser thought we were going to have that done before the loan even went through...so, I think we are safe to start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Well, I'm so glad for you! Of course I'll miss you, but thank goodness for technology. . . we have this wondeful blog thing to keep in touch with (since you'll be so far away!)
Congratulations! Sounds like a massive project, but if it's a good deal, then heck! I know what you mean about moving....we've moved 5 times in the 5 years we've been married. Shooting for 6 for 6 hahaha. Hopefully we'll be hearing soon if we get that house or not. :)
AWWW YEAHH!! Let me know when there's room for me to come and visit! I can't wait to see this take place! CONGRATS!
Post a Comment