Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Testing your eyesight

Hi everybody. I was attempting to find a background that made my posts easier to read, but I think this is worse. I will continue searching- please stay with me.

Still trying to find some camera cords, since my card reader is broken...I have so many pictures to catch up on!!!

So, a quick update on the pregnancy. We went camping a couple of weekends ago, and I started bleeding right before it was time to leave. I've never bled at any part of any of my pregancies, so I of course freaked out a little. I called my doc immediately, and he didn't seem to worried, as everything else was still feeling normal, and we had already seen a healthy baby on an ultrasound. So he told me I could go camping, take it easy, and come see him on monday. So he did an ultrasound on monday in which we saw the baby and heard the heartbeat. We also saw what I had suspected- that part of my placenta was sitting right over my cervix. Luckily he did NOT put me on bedrest...yet =o) So far my only restriction is no heavy lifting (real easy with 3 kids, a babysitting job, a house to clean and a husband who doesn't really have the time to do any yard work). I am grateful, however, to have a healthy baby and to still have the ability to clean my house and cook meals. Okay, that last sentence bordered psychotic, but please note that I said I am grateful for the "ability" not the "privilege" =o).

Kudos to Hyrum who dutifully transports my laundry to and from the laundry room each day, moves the vacuum from room to room for me, carries out each bag of trash that I throw into the garage every day, bathes the kids, does all of the Hannah lifting, and even found the time and energy to mow the lawn after an 11 hour day at work yesterday... all with no complaints (audible ones, anyway =o)

Another plus of the whole ordeal was that, at 3 1/2 months along we are already 90% sure that I was right all along. 3 boys and a girl. Hannah is predistined to be spoiled rotton and to have her pick of her brothers' friends. Although, as she is growing up in a down home, redneck, huntin' family, I pity the boy who tries anything with her.

2 comments:

Steph & James said...

You have amazing strength! And yeah, Hyrum's pretty cool too. :) I cannot wait to see all the pictures! Hurry up and find that cord!

Ariana said...

Yay for more boys! :) I'm sure Hannah will appreciate being the princess of the family. haha