Saturday, June 27, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes...

We had our ward campout this weekend. It was a ton of fun, and we were very glad that we went, as we have had a difficult time getting to know people in this ward. We had a lot of laughs, made some great friends, and Hannah was gracious enough to provide the ward members with a very intimate, if not somewhat inaccurate, glimpse into our lives.

This morning after breakfast I went into the trailer to get dressed for the day. Hyrum, at the same time, went to move our truck. He asked the Bishop to keep an eye on Hannah while he did so. Hannah's conversation with the Bishop went as follows:

"My Daddy's pulling out."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah. And my Mommy's getting changed."

She then decided that the other ward members, who were at the Pavilion and missing out on this very important moment in her life, also needed to know what her mom and dad were doing. She subsequently went up to several ward members and announced,

"My Daddy's pulling out and my Mommy's getting changed."

How do I know all of this? No one could contain their laughter when I returned to the Pavilion with a fresh set of clothes.

2 comments:

Lindsey Johnson said...

Oh, dear! I can't help but laugh at that. :) She's so cute.

Ariana said...

Oh heavens. hahahahahaha Where are people's minds?? ;-)