I started watching more kids this week. They are great kids, and I really needed the income, so I am very grateful. I have to admit, however, that the extra kids along with the crummy weather has really gotten me a bit bogged down. The following is a product of that. Sorry, it's poorly written and the meter is all messed up, but I decided to post it anyway.
I know you love me, you tell me every day.
What I want to know is, why do you, anyway?
Because I raise your children?
Because I warm your bed?
Because when you are weary, I’m where you lay your head?
Don’t get me wrong now, I love my life.
Love raising our babies, love being your wife.
But sometimes I wonder if the girl I used to be
Is still alive and breathing somewhere inside of me
I have all I ever wanted, and I should want to sing;
But I used to be more than someone else’s everything.
The dreamer, the writer, the hard headed fighter
The girl who loved to be a goof,
the one who’d just as soon be on the roof
Watching the thunderstorm
Has her pulse stopped or Is she still warm?
I look in the eyes of those who are learning to be
And somewhere, deep in them, I can see the old me.
In Ben’s imagination,
in Hannah’s giddy grin,
in Bry’s stubborn way of living life from deep within.
As I see you delighted with the way those things shine
Somehow your love for me is newly defined.
I look all around me and my heart starts to sing.
I used to just be me, now I’m someone else’s everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Cool!
I love that!
I had no idea you were such a writer!
That was beautiful and I think it describes how all wifes and mothers feel at some point. Sometimes we just have to re-find ourselves.
I love it!! You wrote it very well too!
Post a Comment