Tuesday, July 8, 2008

11:33

Hi, both of you! (See that was a joke, cause I don't think anyone will actually read my blog, as I am so bad at keeping in touch with people.)

However, as I told Ariana in my comment on her blog, I have recently joined a 12 step program. Creating a blog is one of the steps, as is joining facebook.

I am new to blogging, as you both know (that's another one of those jokes. I know- not funny...moving on) but I know, from reading blogs of others (another of the 12 steps) that I have the right to tell you all about my day. I find it interesting when I read what others have done, but I am skeptical as to whether either of you will be entertained.

Anyway, today I had a visit from a good family friend from Ohio. She really wanted to see Zion's National Park, but she and I both decided that a 3.5 hour drive to Bryce Canyon was more acceptable than the 4 hours to Zion's. I'm not really sure why the 1/2 hour made such a big difference to either of us, but oh well. So we loaded up the van with food, kids, and us and took off around 8 am. When we arrived we had lunch and then I mistakenly told her to go ahead and hike the trail that she wanted to hike and the kids and I would walk around a bit and wait for her. About 20 minutes later we made our way over to the trailhead where we were supposed to meet her, and watched several slim, 20 year old, Utah born and bred college students emerge panting and red-faced from the same trail that I had sent my Ohio, low elevation, old enough to be my mom friend on. To make a long story short, yeah, she almost passed out and had to have the help of 2 strangers to make it back up. Once she did make it up she was weak, sick to her stomach and ready to leave. So we packed the van up again and headed back home. Some vacation it has been for her - 8 hours of driving (counting to and from Salt Lake), and a near death experience. See why I don't keep in touch with people? It's dangerous for them. This is going to set me back a couple of steps, for sure =o)

Anyway, I forgot to take my camera on the trip, and I haven't quite figured out how to upload the images on here anyway...you will have to bear with my lack of blogging knowledge.

1 comment:

theluckeones said...

Someone has to comment!!!! We need to get together, the next few weeks are crazy and then school starts, but let's try and figure something out.