Friday, October 8, 2010

Feeling very grateful

I spent today at a funeral for my husband's great Uncle Kenneth. Grandma Ruby and her brother, Earl are now the only 2 surviving of 12 siblings. Uncle Kenneth found out less than a month ago that he had cancer, and passed away this past Sunday morning. I couldn't help but think of my mom. I had only known that she had cancer for 3 weeks before she passed away. Such a blessing that she didn't have to suffer, and neither did Uncle Kenneth- but it's still hard for those of us who are left here to miss them.

Even more than thinking about my mom, though, my thoughts drifted to the last funeral that I attended- a little over 1 month ago. My sweet friend, Janeece, lost her battle with cancer at the age of 26. She is survived by just about everyone in her family - including her dear husband and her 2 children.

Today is my 31st Birthday. I am healthy, whole, and so richly blessed that my heart is bursting. I am married to my Best friend and we are blessed with 4 beautiful, healthy children. I know of my Savior's and my Heavenly Father's love for me. I was raised by fun, faithful, loving, intelligent, wonderful parents who had a deep and unending love for each other. I am blessed with a sister who treats me like a treasure and who has always been the first person that I call about everything. I have had wonderful grandparents, and I still get to have my beautiful, wonderful, strong, amazing Grandma in my life.

This life is so short. Every time I think of Janeece and my mom I am reminded of that. I know that I forget that fact entirely too often, and too many moments are wasted on things that don't matter.

I am so grateful for everything with which I have been blessed. If you are reading this, you are one of those things =o)

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday! I am SO grateful YOU were born and I have the pleasure of having our paths cross. Your friend and Mother live on through you, and the loving light you shine so brightly. Thanks for sharing your memories, thoughts and spirit. May all the joy you spread so freely come back to you hundredfold.

JanB said...

That was really nice to read. Thanks for sharing your feelings.
I miss seeing you and your best friend and your precious children.

LingJing said...

(: hello . was bloghopping . quite touched by your posts . (:

HiToplay said...

Hittoplay is the place where you can have endless entertainment, Batu Caves in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Bukit Bintang Kuala Lumpur .Content: Songs, News, Cooking Recipes, Technology, Religion from all around the world on demand or live Sia Cheap Thrills is just a click away . Coldplay Hymn For The Weekend feat Beyonce
Life without entertainment is colorless Alan Walker Faded and we offer the best entertainment Mike Posner I Took A Pill In Ibiza That you could have ever experienced. Wizkid & Kyla We believe in providing I Took A Pill In Ibiza latest and the best quality, Qayamat Ka Din Video experience. Maulana Tariq Jameel

HiToplay said...

Welcome to Hittoplay a place where you can have endless entertainment Funny Dog Videos Content from all around the world Songs, News, Cooking Recipes, Technology, Religion, Funny Baby Videos on demand or live is just a click away, Funny Pet Videos
Life without entertainment is colorless, Videos Jokes and we offer the best entertainment, Funny Soccer that you could have ever experienced. , Website Funny We believe in providing, Kitten Videos latest and the best quality Video experience, Galaxy Update

Yang Kuo said...

Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too. For more




ทางบ้าน

Unknown said...

property for sale
property for sale in islamabad
property for sale in rawalpindi
apartments for sale in islamabad
apartments for sale in rawalpindi
hussain co

gream said...

It is one of the online gambling via 3G / 4G internet. With the representative of the online casino Gclub69, which is considered a representative of the online service is very famous in the world of online betting for you. Enjoy the world of making money without a ceiling. Golden slot The meaning is to make money through bets that do not end. Can make unlimited money. There are many bettors who can make money online. Online baccarat is one of the forms of betting that is very popular because of its prominent access to the world of betting that can be done. The new online casino offers players the freedom to gamble anywhere. No need to travel to risk betting on the real place, it's easy to gamble online. No matter how much you want to gamble online or want to gamble, we are ready to open it indefinitely. Use our online betting services to keep your customers entertained. สล็อตออนไลน์