Hadley is getting so big!!! I don't know what she weighs or how long she is right now, but she has grown into her 3-6 month clothes already, and she isn't even 2 months old yet!!! She is such a sweet, easy baby, and we are all enjoying every minute of her baby-hood. She has started smiling now. I have a hard time getting her to smile, but she sure loves her Daddy! I swear that she starts grinning every time he picks her up and talks to her. It's really cute. It's even cuter that he goes and finds her to play with her every time he walks in the door. It took him a few kids to get used to the baby stage, but he is such a good Dad. I'm really blessed.
Hannah has been going through a bit of a transition stage lately. A couple of weeks ago it dawned on her that she is not getting the attention that she is used to. She started peeing her pants 1 to 3 times per day, stopped waking up dry in the mornings, and began a strict regimen of no less than 5-10 temper tantrums per day =o) Things seem to be evening out a bit now. I am learning how to praise her more for the things that I was used to her doing on her own (like not going through 60 pairs of underwear per day), and that is helping a lot. The nice thing is that, through all of this, she still loves her baby sister, and hasn't been taking any of it out on her. She is still my sweet little blonde curly blue eyed angel... it's just that sometimes her halo rests nicely on her horns. She made up for a rough day last Wednesday evening. I came home from my church activity and she met me on the stairs with a great big grin and an even bigger hug. "I'm really glad your home," she said "I like you, mommy." I like you too, Hannah.
Bryant is starting to read now, which is really exciting. It's so much fun to see him sounding things out on his own. He loves it, and he's doing really well. My little fella, all grown up!!! He is still totally enthralled with his baby sister. He wants to hold her every chance he gets, and he is so good with her. He is going to make a great daddy someday. He has had his own small dose of change induced moodiness, but nothing too horrible. He has just gone from my really helpful all of the time kid to debating every little thing I tell or ask him to do and, instead of wanting to do every little thing that I need I get "why can't Ben do it?" Overall, he is still a really sweet, helpful boy, and I am very blessed to have him as my son.
Ben is getting ready to enter his first Science Fair! He is also supposed to be starting a tumbling 4-H class today. I'm not sure if that is really going to happen because I found his registration paper still in his homework folder 3 or 4 days after he was supposed to turn it in. It's awesome to see how much enjoys learning, and how he wants to be involved in every little thing that the school offers..but I have to admit that, with a new baby in the house, and 2 other very busy children, I kinda wish he had more of my hermit genes =o) I am excited to help him with his science project, it will be lots of fun, but I just wish there were more hours in the day!!
In the same breath...Hyrum went out of town for work last week, and the kids had a couple of days off of school at the same time. So, when I should have been working on Ben's project with him, I repainted the kitchen, painted an old over-the-john cabinet that I had to turn it into a spice rack, and sanded, painted and antiqued an old dresser that was in my garage. The plan was to eventually move that dresser into my front room and use it as a place to put all of our extended family photos and other misc. curios, but I am not sure that it will look right....we'll see.
Anyway, here are some pics for your enjoyment. I only am including one or two of my new kithen paint pics, because I didn't find it necessary to show you my dirty dishes =o) I don't think I will include any photos of the dresser unless I actually move it into my front room...cause right now it looks like an old dresser in an ugly garage.
Hope you are all having a great new year!
Oh yeah...and we've been trying to eat healthy and exercise the last couple of weeks. I lost 6 lbs the first week, but nothing more since, because I haven't been as much of a Nazi on myself as I was at first. I have to rededicate myself every few days...but eventually I will get better at this, right? (Not including any pics on this subject, either =o)
She is such a Daddy's girl!
Hanging out with Great Grandma and Grandpa...I love the look on Grandpa's face!!

"Talking to my girlfriend" - she was pretending to set up a movie date with Hy's teenage cousin, Natasha...one of Hannah's favorite people.


My handy work. I just changed to this beige color from the sage green that I had in here before (see my really old posts from when we bought our house to see the sage green- I probably posted about it last January or so.) Also pictured is the spice rack that I mentioned.








No comments:
Post a Comment