Hi everybody! I haven't blogged in a while because we moved into the new house last weekend, and that has taken up pretty much all of my time. It is crazy to me how long it is taken to get settled this time. Usually I am totally settled within a couple of days, but with 2 kids to drive to and from school, and with Ben having wrestling 3 times a week, my time doesn't spread as evenly as it used to =o). Anyway, here are some before and after pics of the boys' room. It still needs baseboards, and I haven't painted their door yet (going to turn it into a chalkboard where they can hang their art), but it is the most settled of any of the rooms thus far. You really need to check out the curtains. They were a house-warming gift from my good friend Ariana. She is so talented, and so kind to share her talents!!! So anyway, one room down, 8 to go! =o) Enjoy.
Before:

After:
Ariana's awesome curtains. They even came with rope tiebacks, that make them look very pirate-y. I forgot to take a pic with the tiebacks, and now the boys are asleep, so that will have to come later =o)
The fishing net on the closet door may look like a decoration... but it smells authentic! What's worse, smoke smell or fish smell? Seriously...I bought it at a craft store...but it really smells like fish. Hope it airs out soon!
That's all for now =o) Hopefully I will have more for you very soon!
4 comments:
VERY cute Ms. Thing. I've lived in this house for 5 years and you are further along then I :0). I miss you so very very very much. Especially since tomorrow is Sunday...
I just realized I am on here under my daughters name... this is Melanie :0)
Maybe for extra authenticity you could put some dead fish in the net.... (hahaha ewww!)
I forgot to mention yesterday-- Holy cow, you did an awesome job getting rid of the smoke smell in the house. I can always tell a house that's been smoked in, even with cover-up smells. But I didn't get a single whiff in there yesterday! Wow! :) You are amazing. I can only imagine how much work that took...still bummed I couldn't get down there to help you out. Hope the curtains sort of make up for it. :)
Looks great! Can't wait to see the rest.
I did miss you yesterday. I miss your beautiful singing voice.
Did I tell you that you have a beautiful singing voice?
Very cute, sissy! Hey, I've lived in my house 3 years and we haven't painted anything yet! You are amazing!
Post a Comment